Here is a clearer and more professional version for the chat group:
Hi all,
I wanted to share an observation from the recent LGTM deployments.
The deployment script first installs and activates the SRVAPD certificate. Once the certificate installation is successful, it is expected to run "detect_db.sh", which configures the TNA entries and completes the remaining setup required to report the database details to Prometheus and Lisa’s dashboard.
Until now, the main focus has been on resolving cases where the certificate was not becoming active. However, with the help of the recently created Tanium sensor, I noticed that in some cases the certificate was already active, but the databases were still not being reported in Lisa’s dashboard.
After reviewing the sensor results more closely, it appears that even where the certificate had been active since April or May, the "detect_db.sh" module may not have been executed by the original deployment script. When "detect_db.sh" was executed manually on these servers, the databases were successfully detected and reported.
This indicates that there may have been an issue in the earlier script flow, where certificate activation was successful but the subsequent "detect_db.sh" step did not run as expected.
The certificate activation failures seen on some other servers are a separate issue and are already being tracked and investigated.
I am sharing a few supporting examples where the certificate installation completed successfully, but manual execution of "detect_db.sh" was required to complete the database onboarding. This was a useful catch from the Tanium sensor.
Further refinement of the sensor is also in progress to account for other known scenarios. I understand this is not a technical troubleshooting group, but I wanted to highlight the observation and the potential gap identified in the earlier deployment flow.





0 comments:
Post a Comment